It is the highest mountain in Africa. The kilimanjaro mountain lies between the border between Kenya and Tanzania.
Kilimanjaro to melt in twenty years
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- 31 December 2012: Expected U.S. Senate special election taking shape in Massachusetts
- 5 July 2012: On the campaign trail, June 2012
- 15 April 2012: Wikinews Shorts: April 14, 2012
- 30 March 2012: Report indicates continued severe weather problems still looming
- 21 December 2011: Wikinews interviews former Salt Lake City mayor and 2012 presidential candidate Rocky Anderson
The ice that was present in 1912 gradually decreased by 85% by 2000, and by 2007 another 26% of the amount in 2000. This was the first time that the volume of the ice in Kilimanjaro was measured. The tests were conducted byLonnie Thompson, a professor at Ohio University.
“The fact that so many glaciers throughout the tropics and subtropics are showing similar responses suggests an underlying common cause,” Thompson said.
Change in cloudiness and weather could have also been factors in the retreat of the ice, especially in recent decades, scientists said. These findings were first published in the journal proceedings of United States National Academy of Sciences (NAS) on Monday.
this is a clear indication that our future generation are not going to enjoy the scenic view of the kilimanjaro. as if to add salt to an injury , the creation of hostile environment within it’s neigbourhood.
lets take action before its too late to mend .
have a great day blogger.